Want greater results from your marketing efforts? Then use the information you have and personalize your marketing efforts, especially email marketing. The research continues to support how important personalization is for increasing follow-on sales and customer engagement.
In a recent article in emarketer.com, they reported on some amazing results from an email personalization survey. Nearly 81% of the survey respondents said they would make additional purchases as a result of personalized emails.
“A December 2013 survey of US digital shoppers conducted by Harris Interactive found that the majority of recipients of emails containing personalization drawing from previous shopping behaviors and preferences would be more likely to increase their purchases as a result. In fact, 81% of respondents said they were at least somewhat likely to make additional purchases, either online or in-store, as a result of targeted emails.”
What does this mean for you?
- It is important to understand your customers, potential customers and donors. Make sure you are capturing customer information, purchase habits, and other preferences.
- Personalized Messages. Start using this information to create marketing messages, if you want to have a greater impact on potential customers.
- Information Storage and Retrieval. This information (data) and the data relationships are very important. You need a reasonably robust system to store and manage this information.
- Marketing System/Program. You will need a system for managing your emails and the responses in order to be wildly successful. There are many good systems on the market today.
- Personalization goes beyond email. Most successful organizations use personalization in their web marketing, direct mail marketing and email marketing. People respond to personalized marketing.
This can seem like a daunting task if you have not started to think about personalization. There are many initial steps that can be accomplished without a lot of money, but planning and setting up the right strategy and marketing framework will be critical.
At Prospect Communications, we have helped many organizations get started with personalization. Just contact us we are here to help.